GAIATV 3.0 brings full-suite of weather alert value-added service for all participating NGBP broadcasters to enhance their offerings across user base. Alerts received at the right time can avert mishaps and avoid uncertainty to a great extent. Through GAIATV 3.0’s advanced weather alerting service; a broadcaster’s current alerting capabilities would get enhanced to a full throttle. This would be a major upgrade to the existing emergency communication services that are basic and affected by power and network outages, system congestion and delay in transmission. Weather bulletins from GAIATV 3.0 ensure uninterrupted and timely emergency alert on multiple platforms, even overcoming the bottlenecks of power outage, jammed cellular network, improper mobile reception and other server level issues. Thus safeguarding the lives of users.
What are Weather Bulletins? How can AWARN features help broadcasters add
further to viewer’s quality of life?
Advanced weather alerting solution from GAIATV 3.0 is a nextgen terrestrial broadcasting
service offering sub DMA targeting, client-rendered graphics, cloud curated hi-fidelity and
personalized content, big data driven smart targeting, companion OTT services, low latency
notifications, NRT signaling and delivery capabilities; through A344 app authoring framework as
a building block for NGBP alerting system.
Alerting is an extremely important service for a broadcaster and this can help give them a
competitive edge. Since there were no opportunities for revenue generation in this service,
most broadcasters keep it until federal mandate limits as beyond that would require huge cash
outlays. However, with weather bulletins GAIATV 3.0 brings a cost-effective and advanced
alerting service, that would unify all the alerting platforms in the stipulated timeline for any
emergency. It offers cloud-based services via ATSC towers to provide contextual, targeted,
hi-fidelity and interactive alerts. They use over the air (OTA) and satellite signals that are
extremely powerful in reception and provide real time alerts right on television and other
connected devices, ensuring quality of life for its viewers.
Features Of GAIATV 3.0’s Weather Alerting Service
Benefits of Advanced Weather Alerting System
Simultaneous distribution of emergent media-alerts across channels and devices in the
entire broadcast coverage area
- Unaffected by power interruption, server outage, congestion or overload in cellular
service provider’s network
- Multi-media alerts to include video, maps, and radar images, pictorial or graphical
instructions, shelter locations, etc.
- Interactive as it includes deeper and more structured response information to help
safeguard the user
- Multi-lingual and accessible alerts to ensure better reach even for the aurally or visually
impaired as well
- During the time of disaster, advanced weather alerting services stay up for days or even
weeks, as they use hardened generators from broadcast stations that are tested for
- It will leverage higher data throughput ensuring robust transmission and improved
indoor reception even during the times of extreme emergency
USP’s of GAIATV 3.0’s Advanced Weather Alerting Service
Cloud Curated Content
Data augmentation and high fidelity personalized alerts make them even more helpful.
- Social Participation
Whether it is keeping your near and dear ones informed or getting help from a
neighbor, social media integration makes it easy.
- Low Capex
A completely cloud-based solution means no expensive infrastructure investments.
- Smart Targeting
Leveraging the core capabilities of sub DMA targeting powered by big data and
- Reliable Delivery
NRT signaling and delivery in an ATSC 3.0 world means low latency, secure and a
Advanced weather alerting service – The Broadcaster Advantage
There are ample benefits in-store for broadcasters along with gaining competitive advantage.
These benefits include -
Improved and enriched alerting services at lower cost
- No large scale infrastructure is required, thus no upfront investments
- Simple and easy to use and requires minimal human intervention
- Web based interface gives remote monitoring and software maintenance services
- Cloud based OTA services enable timely notification, thus bringing a competitive edge
for the broadcaster
- Multilingual and multi-media alerts enabling more interactive maps and user driven
experience thus more value for broadcaster as well as viewer
- Pay as you use model that will enhance the value of this service
- Weather bulletins from GAIATV 3.0 plugs into the broadcasters station operations and
unifies all available emergency notification services, to roll out one single alert
communication, within the timeline.
How To Get On-Board GAIATV 3.0’s Advanced Weather Alerting Service?
As a value added service, GAIATV 3.0 brings weather bulletins as a service, tried and tested for
the US market. Being an app based service, using pitcher, and catcher mechanism; it is
extremely simple and ready-to-deploy solution. It does not need any complex integration or
high-end infrastructure thus simple and cost-effective. It ensures timely, accurate and hi fidelity
alert notifications all across.
The Road Ahead